Friday 19 September 2008

I'm pissing all of my bullets about...

I'm afraid the next 3 months is going to perfectly depict hell for me. I have nothing to do, and it's getting quite irritating. I already volunteered to help out with the schools yearbook (ran into the teacher in charge/ she asked for my help/ she'll give me a call after Ramadan) which is great but it wont exactly fill up my days. Two other friends of mine in the same fix wanted to help out at the local animal shelter here too, but the only problem is the distance between them and us. So we're/I'm at a loss. What luck.

And it appears a sibling of mine has found her way into the blogging world. Not the first I assure you but surely the most clueless out of the two. Her first post was a basic 'introduction' and she practically spilled her life story on there (names of family members, her current school, etc). I had to sit her down and talk her through the 'rules of the blogging world'; a task which I never foresaw myself doing but found quite amusing (apart from the objections to why I won't link her to my 'nonexistent' blog [i lied, sue me. Honestly, just because I know things doesn't necessarily mean I'm involved in them too. Hah. It was a valid argument!]). Strictly speaking, it's fine if you want to pour yourself all over the pages (after all, your life story is up for grabs on facebook) but there is a limit, and you can't cross it. Especially in Kuwait.

As for family, I finally added that brother of mine on Skype. I haven't talked to him willingly in the past year so let us see how long this lasts. At the moment he's simultaneously complaining about the workload and praising the parties at his university in the US. This most likely being his sad attempt to sell me off to his large state university. Not my type of thing at all. He knows it, yet he never stops.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about writing for one of the local papers for a short time? Do local schools use volunteers in the younger grades? As mentors? Tutors?

I see the Dar al Athar al Islamiyya (I probably really screwed the spelling on that one) has a very interesting and varied series of cultural events going on, most at night, and maybe they could use an intelligent volunteer in their library?

Ah! to be young again, with time to fill! Soon, your days are going to go flashing by, so enjoy this time while you can. Catch up on some reading!

sp4rkster said...

Intlxpatr: Thanks for the suggestions! I emailed Dar Al-Athar Al-Islamiyah and will hopefully hear from them soon. As for the others, I'll have to check around.

Aw if only I haven't done so already. I need to put together a new reading list.

Intlxpatr said...

I'm guessing you got busy? :-)

sp4rkster said...

Intlxpatr: I'm afraid I have neglected this place once again- an update must be posted at once! You'll see soon enough :)