Saturday 15 November 2008

World Diabetes Day... a day late

I would not call what went on this morning a 'marathon' but regardless, the fact that such an event existed is quite promising. From the draw at the end I would say approximately 4,500 pedestrians/bikers took place in the 3km (6km for some) 'marathon'. The weather was great, and the energy that was radiated from the bunch was brilliant. Not to mention that for the first time in my life, I won something from a raffle. No, it was not an Acer laptop, a plasma screen nor a theatre system but a... refrigerator. Yes. A refrigerator. Quite amusing really, especially considering that I was not even paying attention to the tickets being drawn towards the end. My little sister had to knock me sideways in order for me to realise that I just missed my number being called. Anyway, I have already asked my dad if we were in need of a refrigerator and with his answer being no, we settled on selling it. The cash made from it will be dumped into my savings so I have that little boost on the whole never-ask-parents-for-money-in-college thing.

One thing is slightly puzzling me though. How come no one on Safat posted news regarding this event? I just recall one post in the past few days but thats about it.

3 comments:

mooodi said...

Congrats.

Speaking of winning kitchen appliances, I managed to win two stoves in two different raffles in a span of six months.

sp4rkster said...

Thanks... and that's wicked!

Oh I forgot to mention, a guy was arrested for taking off his shirt today.

Adam said...

LMAO a fridge, ahahaha congrats :P