Thursday 17 July 2008

Spin another bottle in a low-lit room

Truth? Dare? Either way, we have ourselves a winner instead. This game of luck has luckily ran out. I'd rather receive than ask.

2:10 this afternoon. I received an sms from the MOHE congratulating me on my acceptance into their scholarship program. My major? The first (and only) choice I put down because I thought to myself, it's this or nothing. They deemed me crazy for doing so, and I even had to write down 'I only registered for one major' and sign it... apparently it has never happened before. I guess there's always a first. Destination? US of A.

I would have to say apart from getting what I wanted, I'm happy I didn't play dirty and work up some wasta. Not that we would anyway but there is something in that. My dad, like any other Kuwaiti, does have connections but he, unlike them, dislikes wasta immensely. Simply because he does not like granting favours for people and so chooses not to ask for any to begin with. He prefers to play by the rules and believes you will get what you want/deserve in the end if you work for it. For once, I agree with him.

What's next? I'm not quite sure, but I believe it involves a series of vaccinations and form/application filling. Yippe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo HOOOOOO on YOU! You got it on merit, and you got it on your own terms. Wooo HOOOOO! And you get the big reward, too! Will you start Fall term? Time is short, if so. Where will you go to school, or is that giving out too much information?

sp4rkster said...

intlxpatr: Nope, I'm most likely starting in Spring. At the moment I have to apply to a list of MOHE approved universities that offer my major, get in, then go. So I'm still not sure which school I'm off to yet.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations :)
Wish you all the best and good luck for all the years ahead.